The right of decision makes effective leadership possible.
It is my understanding that Concept Three is based on trust. As I am trusted, I learn to trust others.
- Concept Three speaks of the decision-making authority at all service levels.
- Our trustees at the World Service Office are trusted to make decisions for Al-Anon worldwide.
- Conference members are trusted to make decisions at the Conference.
- Panel members are trusted to make decisions for the Area.
- District Representative’s are trusted to make decisions for the District.
- Group Representatives have been trusted to represent the group.
- Our groups are trusted to help families and friends of Alcoholics.
So here we are at many service levels trusting our leaders to serve in the best interest of Al-Anon. I don’t believe effective leadership is possible when we closely scrutinize, supervise, and criticize our leaders. Our paths to recovery state: When we grant our trusted servants the right of decision, we place our faith in a power greater than ourselves and trust in the integrity of each other.
Illinois North, Panel 55
The Forum: A meeting in my pocket Serenity in my day