Make It Easy
Here we are in a new year and what goals have you made to enrich your recovery and to expand your spiritual journey?
Public Outreach and Institutions have a theme for 2016: ” Make it Easy.” Why would we choose this theme?’ Here’s why:
- Make it easy for families of problem drinkers to find information about Al-Anon and Alateen.
- Make it easy for families to find our web site or find a directory of Al-Anon and Alateen.
- Make it easy for your community to see our Al-Anon poster in every location we meet in case they need to refer someone to our meetings.
- Make it easy for families attending your group to find the meeting room.
- Make it easy when sharing our experience, strength and hope with new attendees as not to overwhelm them.
- Make it easy for nursing and social work students to sit in our rooms so they can refer future members to our program.
- Make it easy for our members to do service work and carry our message with confidence.
- Make it easy to open our hearts and share this program even if fear tell us why we can’t.
- Make it easy to welcome our neighbors, co-workers and even our boss if they happen to walk in the room.
Remember when you were at home totally confused about someone else’s drinking and sat wondering how you could continue this relationship?
What one thing can you as a member of Al-Anon do to make it easy for the newcomer, professional, and within service to continue our primary focus?
Illinois North, Panel 55