Following is a list of events such as open meetings, conferences, and other Al-Anon activities. For information on posting an event to this page. click here
- Northern IL Business Meetings are listed here
- District Meetings - click here.
- NIAFG Assembly and Area World Service Committee Meetings - click here.
- Steering Committee Meetings - click here.
Listing of Events
December 2013Dec 9 - Monday Morning Washday AFG Open Meeting - , 9:30 am, at St Paul United Church of Christ, 144 E Palatine Rd, Palatine, IL 60067. Alateen, AA, & Al-Anon speakers followed by Potluck Luncheon. Park in parking lot on Oak Street. All are welcome! Flyer: click here.
Dec 14 - District 13's Fourth Annual Open Meeting - 3 hours, 12:45 pm, at Mercy Hospital - 12th Floor Great Room, 2525 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL. Registration: 2:45 pm. Food & fellowship: 3-4 pm. Alateen, Al-Anon and AA speakers: 4 pm. Program ends: 6 pm. Flyer: click here.
January 2014Jan 17 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 PM, at St Luke Catholic Church Parish School, 519 Ashland Ave, River Forest, IL. In Waldron Hall. 1 mile West of Harlem Avenue at Lake Street. Parking North of Waldron Hall entrance & non-metered street parking available..
Jan 18 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at St Luke Catholic Church Parish School, 519 Ashland Ave, River Forest, IL. Meets in Waldron Hall, 1 mile West of Harlem Ave at Lake Street. New GR Meeting 8:20 am. Business Meeting 9 am. Parking North of Waldron Hall entrance & non-metered street parking available.
Jan 31 - Al-Anon Weekend Workshop - The Road to Recovery... - 3 days, , at Cabrini Retreat Center, 9430 Golf Road, DesPlaines, IL 60016. Join us for a weekend of Recovery, Fellowship, and Fun! Flyer: click here.
March 2014Mar 16 - Chgo Metro North AIS Luncheon & Business Meeting - 2 hours, 12 Noon, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Free. All NIAFG members welcome. Email email@example.com for details. Flyer: click here.
Mar 28 - 2014 NIA Spring Assembly Conference - 3 days, , at Holiday Inn Gurnee Convention Center, 6161 W Grand Ave, Gurnee, IL 60031. AA Spring Assembly and Conference with Al-Anon participation. Flyer: click here.
April 2014Apr 4 - Al-Anon Serenity Weekend - "Journey of Hope" - 3 days, , at St. Benedict's Abbey Retreat Center, 12605 224th Ave, Benet Lake, WI 53102. Make your New Year's resolution now! $190 per person, includes 5 meals and 2 nights lodging. Watch for flyer..
Return to Top of Page
Posting an Event WITHOUT a name/phone number on event listing or flyer
- Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line.
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Miscellaneous comments to be included in posting
- Flyers can be accepted in Word or Adobe.pdf format only. If using Word 2007 or higher, please be sure to "Save As" a 2003 version or lower, so everyone can open the document.
- Flyer size must be letter size (8-1/2 x 11).
- Multiple page flyers are acceptable however they must be in only one document.
If posting an Event with a name/phone number on the event listing for flyer please take these additional steps:
- Complete the Events Form. Instead of clicking "Submit Event" print the form.
- The person(s) whose name/phone is to appear on the posting or flyer must sign the Events Form to designate their approval. The event will not be posted until the Events Coordinator receives the signed form.
- Scan the completed form and email to email@example.com with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line. If you prefer to send the form through regular US Post Office mail please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a mailing address.
- If applicable, attach a flyer in either Microsoft Word (.doc version 2003 or lower) or Adobe.pdf format only.
Current events may also be published in the AIMS, the Northern Illinois Family Groups newsletter. AIMS is a monthly publication sent free to all Al-Anon/Alateen groups in the Northern Illinois Area. Members can obtain a personal subscription by using the subscription form in each copy of the newsletter. To post an event in AIMS please contact the AIMS editor.Return to Top of Page