Following is a list of events such as open meetings, conferences, and other Al-Anon activities. For information on posting an event to this page. click here
- Northern IL Business Meetings are listed here
- District Meetings - click here.
- NIAFG Assembly and Area World Service Committee Meetings - click here.
- Steering Committee Meetings - click here.
Listing of Events
August 2015Aug 4 - Lakefront AFG 2nd Anniversary Open Meeting - 1.5 hours, 10 am, at Temple Sholom Community Room, 3480 N Lake Shore Dr - Stratford Place Entrance, Chicago, IL. Flyer: click here.
Aug 9 - District 16 Annual Picnic - 6 hours, 11 am, at Blackberry Farm, 100 S. Barnes Rd., Aurora, IL. A mil west of Orchard Rd via W. Galena Blvd Flyer: click here.
Aug 11 - A New Vision AFG Open Meeting - , 6 pm, at Rock Island County Council on Addictions, 1607 John Deere Road, East Moline, IL 61244. 6 pm - Food /Fellowship. 6:30 pm - Panel of Parents of Adult Children with Alcoholism..
Aug 22 - Conflict Resolution Workshop - 3 hours, 1 pm, at The Pointe, 5650 Northwest Hwy, Crystal Lake, IL. Hosted by District 2. 1 pm - 4 pm including light snacks. A panel and speaker are planned.
Aug 23 - Al-Anon District 10 Annual Summer Picnic - 2 hours, 1 pm, at Gilbert Park, 1500 Gilbert Ave, Downers Grove, IL 60515. East of intersection of Gilbert Ave & Lee Ave, just South of railroad tracks. Hot dogs, hamburgers & water will be provided. Please bring a dish to pass. Questions? Call Rita T (630) 637-0780.
September 2015Sep 12 - Illinois State Convention Run & Walk Fundraiser - 6.5 hours, 10 am, at Deer Grove East Forest Preserve - Grove #1, 1599 N Pepper Tree Dr, Palatine, IL 60074. Flyer and Registration Packet: click here On-site registration starts at 7:30am with a Run Start Time of 10am. The grove is open until dusk.
Sep 12 - End of Summer AFG Mtg in the Great Out-of-Doors - , 10 am, at Lake Tampier, 131st & Wolf Road, Palos Park, IL 60464. Enter parking lot from 131st Street just West of Wolf Road - Look for "End of Summer" signs. Flyer: click here.
Sep 18 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at Grace United Methodist Church, 300 East Gartner Road, Naperville, IL 60540. South side of street, lower parking lot, enter Door #4.
Sep 19 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at Grace United Methodist Church, 300 East Gartner Road, Naperville, IL 60540. South side of street, lower parking lot, enter Door #4. New Group Rep meeting starts at 8:20 am.
October 2015Oct 3 - Sharing & Caring AFG Open Meeting - , 7 PM, at First Congregational Church of Lockport, 700 East 9th Street - Rear Entrance, Lockport, IL. 7 PM: Refreshments & Fellowship. Meeting begins at 7:30 PM. Flyer: click here.
Oct 23 - 2015 AFG Illinois State Convention - 3 days, , at Eaglewood Resort, 1401 Nordic Road, Itasca, IL 60413. Theme: Just Get In The Car! Save the Date! Flyer: click here.
November 2015Nov 7 - Area World Service Committee Meeting - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome..
Return to Top of Page
Posting an Event WITHOUT a name/phone number on event listing or flyer
- Email the information to email@example.com with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line.
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Miscellaneous comments to be included in posting
- Flyers can be accepted in Word or Adobe.pdf format only. If using Word 2007 or higher, please be sure to "Save As" a 2003 version or lower, so everyone can open the document.
- Flyer size must be letter size (8-1/2 x 11).
- Multiple page flyers are acceptable however they must be in only one document.
If posting an Event with a name/phone number on the event listing for flyer please take these additional steps:
- Complete the Events Form. Instead of clicking "Submit Event" print the form.
- The person(s) whose name/phone is to appear on the posting or flyer must sign the Events Form to designate their approval. The event will not be posted until the Events Coordinator receives the signed form.
- Scan the completed form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line. If you prefer to send the form through regular US Post Office mail please send an email to email@example.com requesting a mailing address.
- If applicable, attach a flyer in either Microsoft Word (.doc version 2003 or lower) or Adobe.pdf format only.
Current events may also be published in the AIMS, the Northern Illinois Family Groups newsletter. AIMS is a monthly publication sent free to all Al-Anon/Alateen groups in the Northern Illinois Area. Members can obtain a personal subscription by using the subscription form in each copy of the newsletter. To post an event in AIMS please contact the AIMS editor.Return to Top of Page