Following is a list of events such as open meetings, conferences, and other Al-Anon activities. For information on posting an event to this page. click here
- Northern IL Business Meetings are listed here
- District Meetings - click here.
- NIAFG Assembly and Area World Service Committee Meetings - click here.
- Steering Committee Meetings - click here.
Listing of Events
August 2014Aug 2 - Al-Anon 2014 Soberfest FunRaiser - , 5 pm, at McHenry Township Hall, 3703 N Richmond St (Rt. 31 N), Johnsburg, IL 60051. Doors open at 5 pm. Speakers begin at 7 pm. Flyer: click here.
Aug 22 - 2014 AA Ilinois State Conference - 3 days, , at Crowne Plaza Chicago O'Hare, 5440 N River Rd, Rosemont, IL 60018. AA Conference with Al-Anon participation. Flyer: click here.
September 2014Sep 6 - End of Summer AFG Mtg in the Great Out-of-Doors - , 10 am, at Lake Tampier, 131st & Wolf Road, Palos Park, IL 60464. Enter parking lot from 131st Street just West of Wolf Road - Look for "End of Summer" signs. Flyer: click here.
Sep 19 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at Location to be announced, , . .
Sep 20 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at Location to be announced, , . .
October 2014Oct 17 - 2014 Illinois State AFG Convention - 3 days, , at Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, 201 Broadway Street, Normal, IL 61761. Flyer: click here.
November 2014Nov 1 - Area World Service Committee Meeting - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome..
Return to Top of Page
Posting an Event WITHOUT a name/phone number on event listing or flyer
- Email the information to email@example.com with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line.
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Miscellaneous comments to be included in posting
- Flyers can be accepted in Word or Adobe.pdf format only. If using Word 2007 or higher, please be sure to "Save As" a 2003 version or lower, so everyone can open the document.
- Flyer size must be letter size (8-1/2 x 11).
- Multiple page flyers are acceptable however they must be in only one document.
If posting an Event with a name/phone number on the event listing for flyer please take these additional steps:
- Complete the Events Form. Instead of clicking "Submit Event" print the form.
- The person(s) whose name/phone is to appear on the posting or flyer must sign the Events Form to designate their approval. The event will not be posted until the Events Coordinator receives the signed form.
- Scan the completed form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line. If you prefer to send the form through regular US Post Office mail please send an email to email@example.com requesting a mailing address.
- If applicable, attach a flyer in either Microsoft Word (.doc version 2003 or lower) or Adobe.pdf format only.
Current events may also be published in the AIMS, the Northern Illinois Family Groups newsletter. AIMS is a monthly publication sent free to all Al-Anon/Alateen groups in the Northern Illinois Area. Members can obtain a personal subscription by using the subscription form in each copy of the newsletter. To post an event in AIMS please contact the AIMS editor.Return to Top of Page