Following is a list of events such as open meetings, conferences, and other Al-Anon activities. For information on posting an event to this page. click here
- Northern IL Business Meetings are listed here
- District Meetings - click here.
- NIAFG Assembly and Area World Service Committee Meetings - click here.
- Steering Committee Meetings - click here.
Listing of Events
April 2014Apr 26 - An Afternoon of Bingo - 3 hours, 3 pm, at St Andrew Ukrainian Church - Banquet Hall, 300 E Army Trail Rd, Bloomingdale, IL 60108. Proceeds benefit the Northern Illinois Area. Doors open at 2:30 pm. Must be 18 to attend. Flyer: click here.
Apr 27 - CAL Study AFG Open Meeting - , 1:30 pm, at Cottage Hospital Conference Room 2, 695 N Kellog St, Galesburg, IL 61401. Refreshments at 1:30 pm. Speaker at 2 pm..
May 2014May 3 - Alateen Sponsor Workshop - 2.5 hours, 9 am, at NEW LOCATION - St John United Church of Christ, 1045 West River St, Kankakee, IL 60901. NEW LOCATION! Light breakfast will be served. Hosted by NIAFG District 14. Flyer: click here.
May 16 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at Peace Memorial Church, 10300 W 131st St, Palos Park, IL 60464. Speaker: Rene H. Area Assembly follows on Saturday 5/17 from 9 am - 3 pm..
May 17 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at Peace Memorial Church, 10300 W 131st St, Palos Park, IL 60464. New GR Meeting 8:20 am. Area Assembly 9 am - 3 pm. All members welcome..
May 23 - 2014 Midlake Alateen Conference - 3 days, , at Devil's Head Resort, 56330 Bluff Road, Merrimac, WI 53561. Registration deadline Friday, May 9th. Registration Packet and Flyer: click here.
June 2014Jun 9 - Monday Morning Washday AFG Open Meeting - , 9:30 am, at St Paul United Church of Christ, 144 E Palatine Rd, Palatine, IL 60067. Al-Anon, AA and Alateen speakers followed by a free Pot-Luck Luncheon. Child care provided. All are welcome! Flyer: click here.
July 2014Jul 19 - Area World Service Committee Meeting - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome..
September 2014Sep 19 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at Location to be announced, , . .
Sep 20 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at Location to be announced, , . .
October 2014Oct 17 - 2014 Illinois State AFG Convention - 3 days, , at Marriott Hotel & Convention Center, , Normal, IL. Save the Date! Watch for more information!.
November 2014Nov 1 - Area World Service Committee Meeting - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome..
Return to Top of Page
Posting an Event WITHOUT a name/phone number on event listing or flyer
- Email the information to email@example.com with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line.
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Miscellaneous comments to be included in posting
- Flyers can be accepted in Word or Adobe.pdf format only. If using Word 2007 or higher, please be sure to "Save As" a 2003 version or lower, so everyone can open the document.
- Flyer size must be letter size (8-1/2 x 11).
- Multiple page flyers are acceptable however they must be in only one document.
If posting an Event with a name/phone number on the event listing for flyer please take these additional steps:
- Complete the Events Form. Instead of clicking "Submit Event" print the form.
- The person(s) whose name/phone is to appear on the posting or flyer must sign the Events Form to designate their approval. The event will not be posted until the Events Coordinator receives the signed form.
- Scan the completed form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line. If you prefer to send the form through regular US Post Office mail please send an email to email@example.com requesting a mailing address.
- If applicable, attach a flyer in either Microsoft Word (.doc version 2003 or lower) or Adobe.pdf format only.
Current events may also be published in the AIMS, the Northern Illinois Family Groups newsletter. AIMS is a monthly publication sent free to all Al-Anon/Alateen groups in the Northern Illinois Area. Members can obtain a personal subscription by using the subscription form in each copy of the newsletter. To post an event in AIMS please contact the AIMS editor.Return to Top of Page