Following is a list of events such as open meetings, conferences, and other Al-Anon activities. For information on posting an event to this page. click here
- Northern IL Business Meetings are listed here
- District Meetings - click here.
- NIAFG Assembly and Area World Service Committee Meetings - click here.
- Steering Committee Meetings - click here.
Listing of Events
December 2014Dec 13 - District 13's Fifth Annual Open Meeting - , 2:45 pm, at Mercy Hospital - 12th Floor, 2325 S Michigan Ave, Chicago, IL 60616. Registration: 2:45 pm. Food & fellowship: 3-4 pm. Alateen, Al-Anon and AA speakers: 4-6 pm.
January 2015Jan 16 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at St Luke Roman Catholic Church, 528 Lathrop Ave, River Forest, IL 60305. .
Jan 17 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at St Luke Roman Catholic Church, 528 Lathrop Ave, River Forest, IL 60305. .
February 2015Feb 6 - Al-Anon Weekend Workshop - 3 days, , at Cabrini Retreat Center, 9430 Golf Road, DesPlaines, IL 60016. It Works When Your Work It - and You're Worth It! Flyer: click here.
May 2015May 1 - Al-Anon Adult Children Workshop and Festival - 3 days, 4 pm, at Green Lake Conference Center, W2511 State Highway 23, Green Lake, Wisconsin 54941. Flyer: click here.
Return to Top of Page
Posting an Event WITHOUT a name/phone number on event listing or flyer
- Email the information to email@example.com with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line.
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Miscellaneous comments to be included in posting
- Flyers can be accepted in Word or Adobe.pdf format only. If using Word 2007 or higher, please be sure to "Save As" a 2003 version or lower, so everyone can open the document.
- Flyer size must be letter size (8-1/2 x 11).
- Multiple page flyers are acceptable however they must be in only one document.
If posting an Event with a name/phone number on the event listing for flyer please take these additional steps:
- Complete the Events Form. Instead of clicking "Submit Event" print the form.
- The person(s) whose name/phone is to appear on the posting or flyer must sign the Events Form to designate their approval. The event will not be posted until the Events Coordinator receives the signed form.
- Scan the completed form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line. If you prefer to send the form through regular US Post Office mail please send an email to email@example.com requesting a mailing address.
- If applicable, attach a flyer in either Microsoft Word (.doc version 2003 or lower) or Adobe.pdf format only.
Current events may also be published in the AIMS, the Northern Illinois Family Groups newsletter. AIMS is a monthly publication sent free to all Al-Anon/Alateen groups in the Northern Illinois Area. Members can obtain a personal subscription by using the subscription form in each copy of the newsletter. To post an event in AIMS please contact the AIMS editor.Return to Top of Page