Following is a list of events such as open meetings, conferences, and other Al-Anon activities. For information on posting an event to this page. click here
- Northern IL Business Meetings are listed here
- District Meetings - click here.
- NIAFG Assembly and Area World Service Committee Meetings - click here.
- Steering Committee Meetings - click here.
Listing of Events
April 2015Apr 30 - High Hope Al-Anon Open Meeting - , 7:30 pm, at First Church of the Nazarene, 12725 S Bell Road, Lemont, IL. Bring family and friends. Refreshments will be served. Al-Anon, AA & Alateen Speakers at 8 pm. Flyer: click here.
May 2015May 1 - Al-Anon Adult Children Workshop and Festival - 3 days, 4 pm, at Green Lake Conference Center, W2511 State Highway 23, Green Lake, Wisconsin 54941. Flyer: click here.
May 2 - Alateen Certification Workshop - 3 hours, 9 am, at St. John United Church of Christ, 1045 West River St, Kankakee, IL 60901. Hosted by District 14. Light breakfast will be served. Flyer: click here.
May 15 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at St Luke Catholic Church Parish School, 519 Ashland Ave, River Forest, IL 60305. In Waldron Hall. Flyer: click here.
May 16 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at St Luke Catholic Church Parish School, 519 Ashland Ave, River Forest, IL 60305. In Waldron Hall. Flyer: click here.
July 2015Jul 10 - 12 Step Al-Anon Roundup - 3 Days, 6 pm, at LaSalle Manor, 12480 Galena Road, Plano, IL. Flyer: click here.
Jul 18 - Area World Service Committee Meeting - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome..
Jul 23 - Circle of Hope AFG 2nd Anniversary Celebration - , 8 pm, at Faith United Methodist Church, 15101 S 80th Ave, Orland Park, IL 60462. Open Meeting.
September 2015Sep 12 - End of Summer AFG Mtg in the Great Out-of-Doors - , 10 am, at Lake Tampier, 131st & Wolf Road, Palos Park, IL 60464. Enter parking lot from 131st Street just West of Wolf Road - Look for "End of Summer" signs. Flyer: click here.
Sep 18 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at , , . Hosted by District 10 - South DuPage County - Watch for more details.
Sep 19 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at , , . Hosted by District 10 - South DuPage County - Watch for more details.
October 2015Oct 23 - 2015 AFG Illinois State Convention - 3 days, , at Eaglewood Resort, 1401 Nordic Road, Itasca, IL 60413. Theme: Just Get In The Car! Save the Date! Watch for more information.
November 2015Nov 7 - Area World Service Committee Meeting - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome..
Return to Top of Page
Posting an Event WITHOUT a name/phone number on event listing or flyer
- Email the information to email@example.com with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line.
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Miscellaneous comments to be included in posting
- Flyers can be accepted in Word or Adobe.pdf format only. If using Word 2007 or higher, please be sure to "Save As" a 2003 version or lower, so everyone can open the document.
- Flyer size must be letter size (8-1/2 x 11).
- Multiple page flyers are acceptable however they must be in only one document.
If posting an Event with a name/phone number on the event listing for flyer please take these additional steps:
- Complete the Events Form. Instead of clicking "Submit Event" print the form.
- The person(s) whose name/phone is to appear on the posting or flyer must sign the Events Form to designate their approval. The event will not be posted until the Events Coordinator receives the signed form.
- Scan the completed form and email to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line. If you prefer to send the form through regular US Post Office mail please send an email to email@example.com requesting a mailing address.
- If applicable, attach a flyer in either Microsoft Word (.doc version 2003 or lower) or Adobe.pdf format only.
Current events may also be published in the AIMS, the Northern Illinois Family Groups newsletter. AIMS is a monthly publication sent free to all Al-Anon/Alateen groups in the Northern Illinois Area. Members can obtain a personal subscription by using the subscription form in each copy of the newsletter. To post an event in AIMS please contact the AIMS editor.Return to Top of Page