Following is a list of events such as open meetings, conferences, and other Al-Anon activities. For information on posting an event to this page. click here
- Northern IL Business Meetings are listed here
- District Meetings - click here.
- NIAFG Assembly and Area World Service Committee Meetings - click here.
- Steering Committee Meetings - click here.
Listing of Events
May 2013May 24 - 2013 Alateen Midlake Conference - 3 days, , at Devil's Head Resort, , Merrimac, Wi. For Alateen members. Ice Cream Social, Rock Meeting, Meetings 24/7, Saturday Night Dress Up Banquet, Dance, Bonfire, Teen guest Speakers. Talk to your Alateen Sponsors about attending..
May 30 - There is a Solution AFG Open Al-Anon Meeting - , 7:30 PM, at Harper Community College, 1200 W Algonquin Rd - Building A, Room 238, Palatine, IL. Beginner Meeting 7:30 pm, Open Meeting 8 pm. Al-Anon and AA speakers. Flyer: click here.
May 31 - How Al-Anon Works Open Meeting - , 7:30 PM, at FAIR in the Salt Creek Office Center, 2010 Algonquin Rd - Ste. 204, Schaumburg, IL. With AA Participation. The Salt Creek Office Center is just north of the corner of Algonquin and Frontage Roads in Schaumburg. (West of 53/I-290).
June 2013Jun 9 - A New Vision AFG Al-Anon Open Meeting - , 1:30 pm, at RICCA (Rock Island County Council on Addicitions), 1607 John Deere Rd, East Moline, IL. Fellowship 1:30 pm. Speakers 2 pm.
Jun 10 - Monday Morning Washday AFG Open Al-Anon Meeting - , 9:30 am, at St Paul United Church of Christ, 144 E Palatine Rd, Palatine, IL 60067. Al-Anon, AA & Alateen Speakers followed by a free Pot-Luck Luncheon. Flyer: click here.
July 2013Jul 5 - Al-Anon's 2013 International Convention - 3 days, , at Vancouver Convention & Exhibition Center, , Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. More information and registration available at www.al-anoninternationalconvention.org.
Jul 12 - "All Roads Lead to Serenity" Al-Anon Round-Up - 3 days, 6 pm Friday, at LaSalle Manor, 12480 Galeno Road, Plano, IL 60545. $170 per person, single occupancy (installment payments OK). Contact Mary B at (773) 735-3768.
Jul 20 - Area World Service Committee Meetings (AWSC) - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster St - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome.
August 2013Aug 23 - 2013 Illinois State AA Conference - 3 days, , at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg, 1800 East Golf Road, Schaumburg, IL 60173. AA Conference with Al-Anon participation. Flyer: click here.
September 2013Sep 14 - Step Into Life Run & Walk - Convention Fundraiser - , 10 am, at Deer Grove East Forest Preserve, Dundee Rd - W of Hicks Rd - Grove #1, Palatine, IL 60074. Fun run/walk. Proceeds will benefit the 2013 IL State AFG Convention. Registration and Flyer: click here.
Sep 20 - NIAFG Assembly Open Speaker Meeting - , 8 pm, at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church, 2001 North Alpine Rd, Rockford, IL 61107. Speaker: Sandie Dagg, Regional Trustee for Canada Central. Flyer: click here.
Sep 20 - NIAFG Assembly Open Speaker Meeting - -, 8 pm, at Location to be announced, -, -. Watch for more information.
Sep 21 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hrs, 8 am, at Mt. Olive Lutheran Church, 2001 North Alpine Rd, Rockford, IL 61107. Registration begins 8 am. New GR Meeting begins 8:20 am, Business meeting begins 9 am. Flyer: click here.
Sep 21 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at Location to be announced, -, -. Watch for more information.
October 2013Oct 20 - Chgo Metro North AIS Luncheon & Business Meeting - 2 hours, 12 Noon, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster St, Park RIdge, IL. Food, fellowship, fun, & opportunities for service. Free. Flyer: click here.
Oct 25 - 2013 Illinois AFG State Convention - 3 days, , at Eaglewood Resort & Spa, 1401 Nordic Rd, Itasca, IL 60143. Speakers, fellowship, fun. Al-Anon, AA & Alateen meetings, panels and workshops. Visit website for updates: 2013ILStateAFGconv.org. Flyer: click here.
November 2013Nov 2 - Area World Service Committee Meetings (AWSC) - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster St - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome.
Return to Top of Page
Posting an Event WITHOUT a name/phone number on event listing or flyer
- Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line.
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Miscellaneous comments to be included in posting
- Flyers can be accepted in Word or Adobe.pdf format only. If using Word 2007 or higher, please be sure to "Save As" a 2003 version or lower, so everyone can open the document.
- Flyer size must be letter size (8-1/2 x 11).
- Multiple page flyers are acceptable however they must be in only one document.
If posting an Event with a name/phone number on the event listing for flyer please take these additional steps:
- Complete the Events Form. Instead of clicking "Submit Event" print the form.
- The person(s) whose name/phone is to appear on the posting or flyer must sign the Events Form to designate their approval. The event will not be posted until the Events Coordinator receives the signed form.
- Scan the completed form and email to email@example.com with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line. If you prefer to send the form through regular US Post Office mail please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a mailing address.
- If applicable, attach a flyer in either Microsoft Word (.doc version 2003 or lower) or Adobe.pdf format only.
Current events may also be published in the AIMS, the Northern Illinois Family Groups newsletter. AIMS is a monthly publication sent free to all Al-Anon/Alateen groups in the Northern Illinois Area. Members can obtain a personal subscription by using the subscription form in each copy of the newsletter. To post an event in AIMS please contact the AIMS editor.Return to Top of Page