Following is a list of events such as open meetings, conferences, and other Al-Anon activities. For information on posting an event to this page. click here
- Northern IL Business Meetings are listed here
- District Meetings - click here.
- NIAFG Assembly and Area World Service Committee Meetings - click here.
- Steering Committee Meetings - click here.
Listing of Events
April 2015Apr 11 - Alateen Sponsor Workshop - 3 hours, 12:30 pm, at Riverside Methodist Church, 712 16th Street, Moline, IL. Hosted by District 20. Lunch at 11:30 am. Please bring a dish to share.
Apr 17 - Alateen Sponsor Certification Workshop - 2.5 hours, 6:30 PM, at Jane Addams Junior High Cafeteria, 700 S Springingsguth Rd, Schaumburg, IL 60193. North Lot, Door 19. Refreshments will be served. Hosted by District 8. Flyer: click here.
Apr 19 - Open Al-Anon Meeting with AA Participation! - , 6:30 PM, at Congregation Etz Chaim, 1710 South Highland Avenue, Lombard, IL. Refreshments will be served. Fellowship afterwards. Babysitting available. Flyer: click here.
Apr 20 - New Day A Dawning AFG Annual Open Meeting - , 7 pm, at Faith Presbyterian Church (lower level), 6200 W 167th St, Tinley Park, IL. Al-Anon & AA Speakers. Flyer: click here.
Apr 30 - High Hope Al-Anon Open Meeting - , 7:30 pm, at First Church of the Nazarene, 12725 S Bell Road, Lemont, IL. Bring family and friends. Refreshments will be served. Al-Anon, AA & Alateen Speakers at 8 pm. Flyer: click here.
May 2015May 1 - Al-Anon Adult Children Workshop and Festival - 3 days, 4 pm, at Green Lake Conference Center, W2511 State Highway 23, Green Lake, Wisconsin 54941. Flyer: click here.
May 2 - Alateen Certification Workshop - 3 hours, 9 am, at St. John United Church of Christ, 1045 West River St, Kankakee, IL 60901. Hosted by District 14. Light breakfast will be served. Flyer: click here.
May 15 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at Location to be announced, , . .
May 16 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at Location to be announced, , . .
July 2015Jul 10 - 12 Step Al-Anon Roundup - 3 Days, 6 pm, at LaSalle Manor, 12480 Galena Road, Plano, IL. Flyer: click here.
Jul 18 - Area World Service Committee Meeting - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome..
September 2015Sep 18 - Open Speaker Meeting before NIAFG Area Assembly - , 8 pm, at Location to be announced, , . .
Sep 19 - NIAFG Area Assembly - 6 hours, 9 am, at Location to be announced, , . .
October 2015Oct 23 - 2015 AFG Illinois State Convention - 3 days, , at Eaglewood Resort, 1401 Nordic Road, Itasca, IL 60413. Theme: Just Get In The Car! Save the Date! Watch for more information.
November 2015Nov 7 - Area World Service Committee Meeting - 5.5 hours, 9:30 am, at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital, 1775 Dempster Street - 10th Floor, Park Ridge, IL 60068. Business meeting for Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen. All members welcome..
Return to Top of Page
Posting an Event WITHOUT a name/phone number on event listing or flyer
- Email the information to firstname.lastname@example.org with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line.
- Event name
- Date & Time
- Miscellaneous comments to be included in posting
- Flyers can be accepted in Word or Adobe.pdf format only. If using Word 2007 or higher, please be sure to "Save As" a 2003 version or lower, so everyone can open the document.
- Flyer size must be letter size (8-1/2 x 11).
- Multiple page flyers are acceptable however they must be in only one document.
If posting an Event with a name/phone number on the event listing for flyer please take these additional steps:
- Complete the Events Form. Instead of clicking "Submit Event" print the form.
- The person(s) whose name/phone is to appear on the posting or flyer must sign the Events Form to designate their approval. The event will not be posted until the Events Coordinator receives the signed form.
- Scan the completed form and email to email@example.com with "NIAFG Event" in the subject line. If you prefer to send the form through regular US Post Office mail please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org requesting a mailing address.
- If applicable, attach a flyer in either Microsoft Word (.doc version 2003 or lower) or Adobe.pdf format only.
Current events may also be published in the AIMS, the Northern Illinois Family Groups newsletter. AIMS is a monthly publication sent free to all Al-Anon/Alateen groups in the Northern Illinois Area. Members can obtain a personal subscription by using the subscription form in each copy of the newsletter. To post an event in AIMS please contact the AIMS editor.Return to Top of Page