Northern Illinois Al-Anon/Alateen District Meeting Information
The Group Representative is an Al-Anon member who represents the group at District and Area Assembly meetings where the groups share information of importance and bring that information back to the group (Al-Anon Service Manual, pg. 66).
For a listing of District meeting dates and locations click here.
- Through participation, the Group Representative participation will:
- Help to keep the group informed about area events and activities.
- Connect with other Group Representatives and share experiences that will help to keep their group healthy.
- Allow the group and its members to grow by the exchange of information and opportunities beyond the group level.
- Make sure views are heard by carrying the group's opinions on Al-Anon related issues back to the district and assembly.
- Vote on important events that can effect policy in Northern Illinois Al-Anon.
- Help the group apply the principles embodied in the Twelve Traditions to the practices of the group.
- Keep the group from being isolated.
**While the District Meeting provides a forum for group representatives to discuss group matters and exchange information, the meeting is open to all Al-Anon members to attend.